Wednesday 25 April 2012

Front of Digipack

From looking through the different designs for the front covers of alternative rock digipacks, I got the idea to use the threshold effect to make the photo black and white. I thought this may give the image a 'dirty' appearance.

 I liked these a lot and wanted to incorporate them into the from cover of my digipack. However, I was unsure of how to do it without making it look amateur. Therefore, I tried a few designs to see what looked best.
Above are all possible designs for the front of my digipack. I designed them like this because I am sticking with the alternative rock genre. From looking at them like this and comparing them, I prefer the one with only three images of Chris. I am yet to add the artist and album name, however I decided to design some covers with bigger images or Chris so there are less of them.







 Above are the designs I came up with after deciding that I preferred less and larger images of Chris. However audience feedback told me that something else added would improve them, therefore I did something different:



 See no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil is something very iconic and reasonably well known. Relating to the alternative rock genre, this is different and something out of the ordinary which I think works very well. I included the blue with attempts to match it to the back cover of my digipack. I am yet to see how these designs look with the rest of my digipack!

No comments:

Post a Comment