Thursday 2 February 2012

Digipack Continued

Over the weekend, I took photos of different things such as wooden materials and floors with hops that they might work well for the background of some panels of my digipack. These photos were all taken from my house which was lucky as I didn't have to go too far to find appropriate locations!

This is what I got:
photo                                              edit





photo                                               edit

photo                                                 edit

photo                                                    edit

The last photos are of my kitchen floor as we are having a new floor put in. So I was lucky to get the opportunity to take a photo of it! I think it fits really well with the genre of my track and relates nicely to 'The Streets', where I got my insipration from. I decided to use this as the background of my digipack:
As you can see, I have also decided to use a 4 panel digipack instead of six. I think this works better as there does not need to be huge amount of detail and I think it needs to be quite simple to reflect the genre. The grimey look of the floor also does a good job of reflecting the genre of the track and the colours illustrate the depressive feel that I am trying to create in the video to display the troubles in the character's life.

I finished the design for the back of the digipack using the blue colours that I thought worked well with feel the track gives. I again used inspiration from 'The Streets' by using a piece of paper and handwriting the track names. I then transfered this onto my adobe digipack design by taking a photo, editing it on Photoshop and placing it onto the adobe file. This is what it looks like:
And this is what it looks like on the digipack:
My idea for the other panels of the digipack include:
  • A polaroid image of the character for the front panel with handwritten/computerised text underneath the image so fit the idea of a polaroid image.
  • I have gained inspiration from reasearching real media products (album covers) and above are designs that particularly grabbed my attention. I like how the levels of exposure and constrast have been increased and I aim to achieve something similar in my own design. 

  • A stretched image that fits both the inside panels. Maybe a photo taken of the character in the pub or walking down the street. I do not want to have different images of the character as that would be too 'pop genre'. I think a photo from the music video would fit well as it sets the scene better and delivers the correct aesthetic.



Whilst researching, I came across these examples of digipaks and particularly liked how one image was used to cover the inside panels. The first example fits my design best as I am planning on designing a four panel digipak. However, after being attracted to 'THE POLICE' album covers, I also appreciated the increased levels of exposure and contrast in the Rihanna digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment