Friday 20 January 2012

Development of digipack

I have been thinking about using a particular colour theme throughtout my digipack to give it some structure and stability within its design. From listening to the song, a cold blue comes to mind, so I applied this to my designs to see what it looked like.
I uploaded a couple of pictures to Adobe Photoshop and used the hue/saturation tool to add the blue to the images:

I then placed these on my digipack document on Illusrator to see if they worked with the rest of the design and whether I could get the same blue for the other digipack pages to match the blue of these images:
The colours went well together, so I am now thinking I will continue to delevop the digipack with this colour! I then started to think about using the same idea as the streets digipack cover which I have shown on the previous post. I started playing around in photoshop with different images to see what I could come up with in order to give me ideas on where to go to take pictures to provide me with the opportunity of designing my own cover.
After taking pictures of my handwriting for the title of the album, I decided to write out the song names for the album on a blue lined piece of paper with a blue berol to keep the blue effect in scruffy handwriting. I didn't want it to be neat as it would come across too clean and 'rehearsed' which is not the vibe this song delivers. This is what I came up with:
 I then opened these up into photoshop to crop them and add some effects such as exposure and contrast levels. I used an old wood effect background and rotated the images to a relevant degree to see what it looked like and this was the outcome:
I like the look of this and although it isn't yet finished, I think it has potential and does fit the genre. I think I will add more blues and maybe more images to represent the helplessness of the character such as a spilt wine bottle or cigarettes.
My task for the weekend will be to take pitures of objects and backgrounds for me to use to create this kind of cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment