Thursday 29 September 2011

Record Label

My song would be ditributed by an independent record label due to the genre of it (Alternative rock, Indie). Independent record labels are labels that are operating without the funding of or outside the organizations of the major record labels. I have done some research into independent record labels and have been trying to find some labels that distribute the same type of music as mine.This is what I came up with:
  1. Big Scary Monsters- Kevin Devine- Indie rock, folk rock, alternative rock, acoustic
  2. Fat Cat Records- Frightened Rabbit (indie rock, indie folk), The twilight sad (indie rock)
  3. Heaven Records- Fat Tulips (indie pop, indie rock)
  4. Independiente- many different bands (Blackbud, Crashland, Embrace, David Ford, Roddy Frame, Gomez, Howling Bells, Kinesis)
Without listening to the music produced by these artists and distributed by these record labels, I cannot confirm whether these are suitable record labels. My next step will be to listen to these pieces of music when I am home to acess my computer.

Here are two songs that are simlar to my song which I will do some further research into. They are Post Rock songs, therefore I will look into this genre more to see if I can find the record labels taht distribute these songs:
- This will destroy you
- Shipping news

No comments:

Post a Comment